Friday, September 27, 2013

September 2013

Hey everyone!

  September has been a busy month for us.

  • First Month to start Classical Conversations (Molly's homeschooling)
We are really loving Classical Conversations (CC).  It gives me enough structure to homeschool.  It's a good challenging curriculum so keeps us excited to learn.  It is a national program that is all over the US and overseas.  It utilizes the Classical Education model, so if you aren't familiar with this check out this site: Classical Conversations. CC has three cycles they run through.  This year we are going through Cycle 2.  Every Monday Molly goes to class.  There are 8 students in her class.  I am actually the tutor of the class this year.  (I am considered the tutor because in CC I am not called to teach but to help the students to memorize the memory work and then the parents teach on the memory work at home.)  The subjects that we memorize information in are: History, Latin, English Grammar, Science, Math, Geography and Bible.  Also we are memorizing a history timeline that begins with Creation and ends with Obama.  She also does Fine Arts and a Science Experiment in class.  And each week she gives a presentation in front of the class. 
So I am using CC as the backbone of my homeschooling and then I am supplementing right now with Reading utilizing The Reading Lesson book. Which Molly loves.  We are on the 3rd lesson right now.  And with the Reading Lesson they have a Writing Book that goes along with the words they are learning to read.  So I am using it for her handwriting practice.  She loves writing what she is reading and is loving writing short stories.  And then I also supplement her math with Saxon math for 1st grade.  I had actually bought Saxon for kindergarten but it was way to easy, so Micah is now doing that and she has begun the first grade one.  I am really loving having this extra structure built into our day.
First day of CC Kindergarten
  • Madelynn is 9 Months! And has started CRAWLING and pulling up on everything.  She has been super fun to watch.  And the other kiddos just still love her so much and are so excited when she starts new things, especially crawling!  They love to see her growing up :)  She has also started taking a longer nap in the afternoons when Micah naps.  Oh this is sooo nice for me :) Molly and I use that time to do fun homeschooling things that are hard to get done with the younger ones around.
Ok here are some Sept. pics!

Micah loves doing school with Molly

I love that Molly is a motivated student she helps motivate her brother

enjoying the beautiful weather!

getting the bike riding figured out


Madelynn at 9 months



pulling up in crib!

love her sneaky look here


firgured out the straw!
 Can't believe October is around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment