Monday, October 10, 2011

Hayes' News

Hello friends,
 How are you all doing today.  Things have been good and very busy around here.  I am planning on taking alot of pictures this week :) we will see and so I can post some on here.  Because it has been very pretty outside and the leaves are all changing.  So I need to capture this beautiful fall before the winter comes snow and all :)
A few fun quotes from my Molly:

Molly - "Mom you know why the leaves are changing color"
Me- "why"  Molly- "Because snow is coming, my friend Casey told me that and she knows everything"


OK now for this one I have to give you the scenario, I was watching a 10 yr old girl (Katie-Beth) and her brother 12 yr old (Knox) and it was time to give the kiddos a bath.  Knox decided to chill in the living room and Katie Beth came in to help me.
Molly says, "Mom where is Knox?" I say "He is just waiting in the living room"  Molly says, "Oh he probably doesn't want to see my belly button."  I say.."Oh yes you are probably right :)"

Things are going in a nice routine lately.  Kiddos are napping at the same time :) Molly has her Joy Kids preschool every Wed morning and LOVES it so much.  Everyday she is like "is it time for Joy Kids!", I explain the Week and tell her it is on Wed. Now I am thinking I need to make her a calender so she can see when Wed is.  Wed and Sunday's are her highlights.  She loves Joy Kids and she loves church.  She has been learning the Catechism and we are now on question 21 "Who is the redeemer of God's chosen ones?"  and the answer is "The only redeemer of God's chosen is the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, Who became man. He was and continues to be God and man in two distinct natures and one person forever."  It's fun for her to learn these, she looks forward to doing the questions as she says.  We usually talk about and review them after dinner.  This particular question has been fun to talk about.  I will have to video her sometime :)  I have been trying to get a little more regular about teaching her things, my goal is 4X's a week.  She can recognize all her letters, so now we are working on the sound for each letter.  I was thinking maybe she can learn to write them.  She can write the letter H, but that is the extent of her letter writing skills.  So I am slowly trying to figure out how to teach her that.  And in numbers she can recognize 1 - 10 but sometimes mixes her 6's and 9's.  So we are learning also 11 - 20. 

Micah is cruisin along furniture and stuff these days.  And he is into pointing and grunting when he sees something he wants.  So we are trying to teach him to say words.  He says Ball very clearly now, and that IS his favorite toy.  Along with Molly's broom, but we have decided to Micah it is no pink broom but his valient sword! haha :)  He is a giggly guy, he laughs at everything.  I have been trying to exercise more and one of the videos I am doing has me do jumping jacks and boy does he think I look hilarious when I do that!  He busts out laughing at me, so cute!

Miss all our friends!  Hope everyone is doing well.  And hope to hear from you soon! Have a wonderful Columbus Day :)

1 comment:

  1. haha, I love molly's comment about her belly button, so cute!

    ReplyDelete