Saturday, August 13, 2011

Getting Things Done and tidbits

Hello Friends and Fam,
  If you have some time to read this then please leave a comment of how you like to schedule.  When you schedule do you schedule out your day hour by hour?   Do you know what you will be doing every hour from when you get up to when you go to bed?  Especially for my stay at home mom friends?  I would love to hear?

My husband has been reading a book about a life management system.  The book is called Getting Things Done.  We have been discussing this system and I am slowly creating a system for me as a homemaker that applies some of his principles from Getting Things Done.  One of the major things is for me to schedule out my time.  I have been kinda a halfway scheduler.  For example my schedule consists of the things I "have to" do, like doctors appointments, lunches, dinners, family time.  But for the time when there is nothing actually planned it's just blank to do my to do's.  This week I have decided to take it a step further and plan out every hour.  I just finished making my schedule.  I will blog later about how this is going.  Have any of you ever heard or read about this system?

On another note...next week Molly will be going to a preschool once a week for 2 1/2hrs.  It is called Joy Kids.  A woman from our church runs it and keeps her class small.  So I am looking forward for her to have this opportunity.  I hope she enjoys it!  She LOVES to "play school" so much.  We have been finally getting a regular routine where we "play school" every day.  She is a real sponge and soaks up everything.  I hope she continues to be an eager learner.  I just got a book today in the mail I ordered called The Well-Trained Mind a Guide to Classical Education and am looking forward to learning more about Classical Education.  Everything I have learned about this way of educating has been challenging and encouraging.  With Molly being so excited to learn I am also excited to learn more about teaching her.
What FUN activity have you done with your toddler??  I also just bought about book called Sewing For Children and I am looking forward to teaching Molly some basic sewing :)  I think this will be a fun activity for us to do together.
Well that is all for today.  Have a Great Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I've really been slacking in keeping to a schedule...maybe because of summer? We got to a point where we were just wondering around from one thing to the next more than I'd like. So last week I planned out a "schedule" in 30 minute increments...Matt laughed at me, but it has really made our days more productive again and they've seemed more enjoyable and simple too. I'll have to check out that book you recommended and I'd love to see what Molly sews!! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds,
    Hey! Wow 30 min increments is quite the schedule! That's awesome! So far this week is definitely moving smoother with the schedule. The book Getting Things Done is most definitely written for "business" type, using a computer for all the organizing system stuff. Kenny has just taken some principles to help me out. But I have read online looking up Getting Things Done for homemakers and looks like there are alot of people out there who have come up with a way to put his principles into homemaker practice. Good luck with your organizing!

    ReplyDelete