Hey Friends,
Do you ever get excited about trying this or trying that it just explodes into tooo many ideas! Haha happens to me all the time. I have projects to finish on my sewing table right now (4 Greek Letter Shirts). Then I am wanting to try to embroider some new greek fonts onto fabric to try out those fonts. And also my mom was teaching me how to smock while I was at home last. So I want to keep practicing that so I don't forget how! Whew... but with unpacking from our SMP travels and trying to get my almost 1 yr old (Micah's Birthday is the 20th!!) back on some sorta schedule, organize our home again, back to laundry and cooking. My time for sewing is umm tiny :) But that's ok just taking it all one day at a time.
It is really HOT outside. So we have been beginning our mornings with a little pool action. The sun is some good vitamin D for all of us. And well the heat and splashing is good to get the lil one's energies out! Then we need well baths because we were all pretty gross from the bugs diving into the pool, leaves, and grass, and not to mention all that sticky sunscreen. Then playtime, Molly is still learning how to share her toys and Micah is starting to get more interested in toys, so this was fun for me to watch. Then we have lunch and Micah is SOO sleepy he is almost falling asleep eating, so he goes right for a nap after lunch. This was great for me because I get some good 1 on 1 time with Molly. I really do LOVE being a mom. It is busy and there is little time for "me time", but who ever said I deserve "me time" anyhow:) God has give me the wonderful blessing of children to continue to grow me and make me more selfless like Christ was to me. So even though there isn't much time to sew, the blessings I have in being a mom is worth every minute.
 |
| Playing with the lil kitchen |
|
 |
| Molly "teaching" Micah how to play with the kitchen:) |
 |
| Molly watering our grass:) |
|
 |
| Micah LOVES floating in this guy and it offers nice shade:) |
|
Well, gotta go back to work. Making some hummus, yum yum! I just realized not only is it good with tortilla chips and pita bread but it is soo yummy as a dip for veggies!! This makes me want to eat more veggies, so I figured that was a good thing! Love you all and miss all my friends in TN!
What is your recipe for hummus? I was talking to a friend on Sunday about wanting to learn how to make my own.
ReplyDeletePS I love you!!!!
Blend up:
ReplyDelete2 cans of garbanza beans (drained)
1/4 cup of tahini (sesame seed butter)
1 fresh squeezed lemon
1 clove of minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cayenne pepper
Then just add water till you get the consistency you want.
That is the original kind. But then I just add things to make it different. Today I added a jalapeno and onion to it. I am really getting addicted, haha :) Love you!
oh and I forgot 1/2 tsp of chili powder
ReplyDeleteWhat about your friend in Alabama? J/K sorry I haven't been able to get back to you. Things here have been busy every day and I am so stinkin' tired that I am trying to g to sleep asap at night...and take a nap during Little Man's nap...who knew I could sleep so much. Isn't the 2nd trimester supposed to be full of energy? :) Miss you. Talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe!! I will let you know how it goes-Love ya!
ReplyDelete