So I am assuming most people get organized at the beginning of the year. But I am always "catching up" trying to "BE" organized. I definitely do not think I am very naturally gifted in being organized. But life comes at you fast and I have determined that if you are not planning, scheduling, ect then you really will not make the most of the time God has given you. My husband on the other hand is much more organized and just efficient when it comes to knowing the best way to organize life. So I am always learning from him and he is always a wonderful help to me in this area. Anyhow I say all that because we are getting ready for another school year here and the planning and organizing is beginning for me! I LOVE reading from one of my friends blog Lacy at: Tatum Tales she is always very encouraging when it comes to planning.
One tool my husband uses and I always go back to is our Roles/Goals/Objectives. Basically you write out all the roles God has give you. For me I have the Role of 1. Christ Follower 2. Wife 3. Mother and then you write out for each area your goals and then from the goals you write out how you will get there (your objectives). This has always been the most helpful tool for me because it keeps me on track and shows me when I begin living for the things of this world rather than for things that honor Christ.
Thought I would just share that snipet so you could know how I start off my planning for the school year to begin.
Also if you don't know I am soon to open my first etsy shop. My mom sews soooo wonderfully! I am always blown away by what she can do. So we are opening up a shop together. It will feature many of the wonderful baby and children items she creates and some of the college and greek apparel I make. And just for a sneak peak I will share one of the many dresses she has made for Molly.
All of this dress was hand made by her. I have just begun to learn how to smock and let me tell you the time and precision it takes is unbelievable. She truly is very talented. Our grand opening for our shop will be August 2011, just around the corner, so please come back to check it out!


Love your blog posts! Thanks for the sweet comment. : )
ReplyDeleteAnd that dress is beautiful -- my favorite is the detail at the bottom.
Love the dress, can't wait to see what you put in the shop! :)
ReplyDelete