Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Micah is 1!

Today Micah turned 1 yr old!  I cannot believe how fast this year has gone.  Things I would like to write in his scrapbook about what he was like at 12 months are:

-You started crawling at 11 months, and now you do sorta this crab crawling thing where you crawl on one knee and on one foot.  You are getting around really well and beginning to pull up on things.
-You are very "into things" like today you were supposed to be sleeping but I hear a CRASH from you room and I come running up and you had pulled off the screen from your vent and it fell on the floor.  It actually gave you quite a scare and you were crying, and you kinda gave me a scare to as I had no idea what made the crashing noise :)  You are very curious and check everything out and touch and pull it with your fingers and sometimes you like to taste it, whatever it may be :)
-You are not much of a napper...like today you took no nap...(instead somehow reach your vent screen). If you have napped it's only one time and for about 1 hr some days if we are lucky it's 2 hrs.  But we are working on this.  And you can sleep 10 to 12 hrs at nights,you have done this, but you aren't very consistent.  So we are working to get you more consistent with this.
-You are nursing 3 times a day morning, after lunch, and before bedtime.  But I am going to work hard to wean you very soon.  You aren't much into food.  The most you would eat at a sitting would be about 1 of those regular size jars of baby food (like a stage 1 or 2).  You like sweet potato fries, but seemed to play with them more than eat them.
-You can say Mama and Dada. And the only other word I think you say pretty regularly is Ball.  You really LOVE balls.
-You have a very sweet personality.  When you meet someone new and I "say hi", you wave your hand and give a big smile but also kinda lean into me like you are shy.  It's super cute! One friend called you a little flirt:)
-You are very cuddly to me.  You LOVE to be held and you LOVE to cuddle.  I enjoy it too:)
-You also LOVE your big sister.  Laugh at her when she plays with you and watch her everywhere she goes.  She also LOVES you and is happy you are getting bigger. Today she said "now that Micah is 1 he will start walking and talking.  And soon he will be talking to me!"  I love to see you two playing together.
-Molly was VERY excited to bake you a cake for your birthday today. And she was happy to help you blow out your candle today.  She LOVES birthdays:)  So finally it was someone's "real" birthday.

Micah we LOVE you so very much and thank God sooo much for blessing our lives with you.  My biggest prayer for you is that you will grow up to be a man, like your father, who loves God with All your heart and desires to glorify God in all you do!   I love you!
grocery cart fun

your sis loves you!

eatin sweet potato fries



2 comments:

  1. So cute! It was a treat to read. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday little Micah! Such a cutie!! That's a sweet picture of him and Molly in the shopping cart.

    ReplyDelete