Hey friends and family,
Hope this finds everyone well. A few things we have been talking about at the Hayes' home are:
1. Food/Health
2. Catechism
1. Kenny and I have watched a couple of documentaries lately. One called Food Inc and the other Food Matters both were interesting to watch so I wasn't bored. (if you are like me I usually hear "documentary" and think boring..." but these definitely kept your interest. Since we have been married we have tried to grow to be healthier eaters but it is always fun to learn more about it. The main book we have used over the last 6 yrs has been the World's Healthiest Foods, I LOVE this book. It's been helpful to learn about the health benefits you receive from foods and also shows you how to cook these healthy foods to keep most of the nutrients. It has a lot of practical things in it like recipes, how to pick your produce at the store, how to store your produce, and on and on. I am going to try and really use this book more and grow in cooking more healthy and eating more healthy. Just one of the many things I am trying to do as I get my life back organized since my little one is sleeping through the night again and things seem to be smoothing out.
2. The The Shorter Catechism is something our Sunday School class has begun using. This Sunday school class just started at our church and we have been enjoying doing this with Molly. It is a family oriented class where families come together. Every week our Sunday school teacher goes through one of the questions and helps explain it to the children and also he encourages the parents to keep persevering. Molly has surprised us both by how much she can memorize! We are through the first 13 question and she is able to memorize each answer. We weren't sure what we thought about it at first, but decided it was hard to really form an opinion without trying it out. Through this time of "trying it out" we have seen many benefits like: a) Molly's ability to grow in learning to sit still and focus and learn, she is learning self-control at age 3 b) she is already applying the knowledge in small ways, she heard our pastor talk about the Holy Spirit and was quickly able to refer to her knowledge on the Holy Spirit. c) give us a consistent tool to use every evening in family devotions which is making our family devotion time more routine d) it's FUN, Molly really enjoys learning and Kenny does a wonderful job making it a fun experience for all of us - I could probably give many other reasons, but I need to wrap this post up! So I will write more on this the further we get into the question, got about 107 total to go!
Would love to hear any thoughts you have on any of these subjects!
No comments:
Post a Comment