I just thought I would drop in a share how encouraged I am by a woman named Carolyn. She is an older woman who loves the Lord and who is giving her life away to younger women daily! She is a mother of 4 her youngest is 20, a former Navigator staff and now her husband is a professor here at Bradley University. Their vision is still to impact the college generation and they are! She is leading two growth groups with college women and she is zealous for Jesus!! (one of her groups has some KD ladies..for all my KD friends out there) Recently she has offered to be an encouragement to me (and our other CO staff girls) and has been graciously coming to my home. Today she brought me a recipe that I could use to feed students and another recipe that her family loves that I am excited to try. She also shared with me some tips on planning my meals and shopping around town for the best meat deals (since I feel as if I am still trying to figure out Peoria). And another thing I am SUPER excited about is she has made some nursery rhymes that share the truth from God's word. Next time we meet she is going to teach Molly and I her Genesis rhyme! I am super pumped about this. Just thought I would encourage everyone to be praying for God to provide someone in their lives to spur them on to know Christ more and to BE that person in younger womens lives! Because it truly is encouraging and truly is growing my zeal for Jesus!
LOVE!
""train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:4-5
Love love love this. I long for this so badly here in Huntsville. I am SO joyful and thankful that God has provided you with this in Peoria as I know you are pouring out so much in so many ways. What a blessing it must be to be 'poured into'! Thanks for sharing this sweet friend!
ReplyDelete