Just a quick update been kinda busy around here because we have had a yucky virus in our home. First Molly was sick with a fever of 103 for about 3 days. And then she kicked it and was back to normal, but then her brother got sick and just kept getting worse. So on day 3 of him being sick I took him to the doctors to find out he had RSV. A yucky little virus, it isn't too bad for children over the age of 2. Just a bad cold like symptoms. But for a baby it can get serious because it can affect their breathing. I got pretty nervous about it when the doctor was telling me everything to do and how I need to keep an eye on him to make sure his breathing doesn't get worse. So for the next 2 days I or Kenny pretty much stayed with the little guy at all times (hence little sleep through the night). He had such a difficult time sleeping that we pretty much held him up on our shoulder the entire time. So he rested in our arms and pretty much slept for 3 days straight, just waking him up to eat so that he could remain hydrated. Today at day 5 the little guy seemed to have some energy back and was even smiling!! And his breathing didn't sound as coarse. He has been having a "breathing treatment" for the last few days we had to purchase a nebulizer and the doctor gave him xopenex. That seemed to help him relax and breath easier. I am hoping for a little more rest tonight. As he is now sleeping in his car seat upright. I am so thankful to all my friends for all your prayers for Micah. Your prayers gave me comfort as I knew I had an army lifting him up to our loving Father. Praise God for His great power and love! The evenings I stayed up with Micah I spent praying and praising God. I needed that extra time in prayer and praise to get my heart focused on God and to feel His comfort as I felt worry for Micah. I am so grateful to have a God I can run to for comfort and strength. I enjoyed this song :)
Oh Laura, I'm so glad that Micah is getting better! I love that song also :)
ReplyDeleteHey can you call me... I got a new phone and I don't have your number and can't check facebook where I am. Call me asap. I want to chat with you. Been thinking about you!!!!
ReplyDelete