Monday, November 22, 2010

Day in the Life...


Basically I wake up in the morning whenever Micah wakes me.  Sometimes it's as early as 6 or as late as 9...I ended up taking pictures of a typical Tuesday.  I realized every day of my week is different! So anyhow this Tues Micah woke me up at 7:30am (which happens to be my favorite time)
So I fed Micah and then he goes right back to sleep by 8am.  Then that gives me an hour to get ready.  We leave the house by 9am to head to church for my bible study and Molly's little lambs class.  Kenny always gets Molly ready on Tuesday mornings.  Here is Molly eating her breakfast.

on the way to church!  Molly LOVES her class!

Micah hangs with me at my bible study b/c he likes to eat around 10:30
Ok so Tuesday morning bible study is over at 11:30am.  So then we truck it on back home.  And usually eat lunch.  Forgot to take pictures of lunch.  My staple though is a turkey, salami, pepper jack cheese sandwich.  And Molly doesn't like salami so just does turkey and she prefers colby jack cheese.  And I have my faithful Dr. Pepper (side note my sister bought me some caffeine free Dr. Peppers...apparently they sell them in AL!).  By the time lunch is over around 1:30pm it's time to go upstairs to get ready for naps.
Micah doesn't like to lay on the bed he wants to be HELD! haha...

Molly likes her green Flip...she says she likes cloth now :)

We read a book, Micah gets to sit in my lap so now he is happy.

We sing a song and pray then she goes to sleep.  She is pretty good about taking her naps.  Every now and then she will sing and play and needs some reminding to GO TO SLEEP! :)

the faithful nursing chair
Then Micah and I go to his room and he eats again....and I like to read my lil devotion I have and look out his window and think and pray while he eats. 
devo

pretty japanese maple leaves changing color
Then Micah gets his diaper changed (oh this occurs pretty much after every feeding)
Preferably after this feeding I would like him to take a nap.  But alot of times he just comes with me wherever I go since I haven't gotten him to take any type of consistent naps...since everyday of my week is different this has been a challenge.
so he sits in his bouncy...this goes with me all over the house

and i fold some laundry
Kenny gets home on Tuesdays around 5pm and he wakes Molly from her nap (she take a 3 hr nap from 2 till 5)  Micah will usually sleep at least 1 hr in this span.  Oh and Molly likes to put "fun" clothes on.  Here she is wearing a nightgown that is too big...but it has princesses :)
we all head to the kitchen to get dinner ready
Molly plays with Micah


Kenny helps out getting dinner ready alot these days because Micah likes to eat around 5.  (he pretty much goes every 3 hrs...so about 6 times a day)

After dinner we hang out as a family.  Different every day...if the weather is nice sometimes we go on a walk.  Other times we just play at the house and some nights we give baths to the kiddos.  Just whatever....but around 8pm we get the kiddos ready for bed.
Bedtime routine with a bath starts around 7:45...without a bath around 8pm.  We bath..then brush Molly's teeth.  Then we read a book and then the bible together as a family on Molly's BIG bed.  And then sing some songs and pray.  Then Molly gives HUGS and KISSES to all of us.  We all get 2 kisses on on each cheek and a big squeeze of a hug.  Even Micah gets hugs and kisses from Molly :)  Then Kenny lays with Molly a few minutes and go to feed Micah :)
Kenny then heads back out to campus with the students and Micah and I hang out.  This night I was working on making myself a wet bag for my cloth diapers. 

working on making wet bag
Then at around 10:30pm Micah eats his last feeding of the day.  And his last diaper change.

and he goes to bed usually around 11pm
So by 11pm Micah is asleep and then I usually do whatever I need to do around the house from 11 till midnight.  I use this hour for many things.  From cleaning to sewing.  It's just my very productive hour (I am very energized at night)  Then I try and make it my goal to be in bed no later than 12:15.  Because 7:30 I know is right around the corner :)  I like staying up till midnight because Kenny usually gets back around that time.  And I like to see him before going to bed.  But sometimes he has a later night and so thats when I gotta just be disciplined to still go to sleep!!!
There are TONS of variation to my days.  ALOT of Tuesday nights we have students over for dinner.  So in that case I wouldn't be doing laundry during Molly's nap but preparing that meal. Anyhow that gives you a little peak into my life.  I feel like I almost need to give you a week since none of my days are the same! haha!  But oh well this will have to do!!  My biggest consistencies are:  Everyone is up by 9am, Micah eats 6 times, Molly naps 3 hrs, we eat 3 meals, spend time with Kenny at some point in the day, spend some time with God praying/reading the word, and try to go to bed around midnight. 

Can't wait to read about everyone else's days!

Oh I meant to put on here...the Reason I wrote about a day in the life...is because a friend of mine Lacy wanted to see what all our different days looked like and so we all linked it up to her blog here: http://tatumfam.wordpress.com/2010/11/22/day-in-the-life-2/

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you 'wearing' Micah! So so fun. What kind of sling is that?

    I've heard several good things about "Jesus Calling."

    Micah is so cute & Molly is a ham.

    I love seeing what you do with your days! Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I could stay up that late and Matt probably does too. I'm a zombie after 10:30. I think it's neat that you don't have a schedule. At times I become a slave to mine, so I can appreciate both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! Thanks so much!!! Wish I could see this in person sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacy - my friend Erica made my sling...she has an ETSY account if you want to check out her stuff. And the Jesus Calling devo is helpful to give me some truth.

    Linds - I do work off a schedule like nap time is always 2 to 5...and meals are pretty regular...the big thing for me is just i have different "events" each day...like bible study, small group, grocery shopping, student meals, ect.. so my days feel very different from each other...but the constants are consistent. and i bet if i got up at 6am i wouldn't be going to bed at midnight!!

    Katie - come visit anytime :) its only about 10hrs away! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Laura!
    I've been thinking about cloth diapers.. Do you like them over disposable?

    Loved your DITL. It is crazy how everyday is different, especially with two AND you are a minister's wife as well so it's really different:)
    I was given a copy of that devo as well. I enjoyed it too...glad you are enjoying yourself in IL. And if I owned a sewing machine, I could see myself being up sewing at 11pm also:) Love ya and your kids are darling.

    ReplyDelete