Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Madelynn's 5th and 6th months


Well hello friends!  Hope you are all doing well.  I love reading all my friends updates on their blog.  Sometimes I am super thankful for all this new technology.  I love being able to keep in touch with dear
friends and with family.  But other times I can definitely recognize how it is changing our society and I am not so sure its for the best. Anyhow enough about that :) May and June have been REALLY busy months for us!  Lots of travels and that's not over yet.  As you all know the Campus Outreach schedule has our summer program in Pigeon Forge, TN.  So we went to there for 5 weeks.  Kenny was in charge of leading this years summer project.  He really enjoys it and I enjoy being around all the students.  My kids also LOVE being around the college students.  Molly is always telling me about all the new friends she has :)

As soon as I reached Pigeon Forge, TN my primary doctor called me to confirm my diagnosis for Sjogren's (an autoimmune disease).  I have been having some weird symptoms that I kept thinking must be from the last pregnancy eventually it will go...but then it wouldn't.  And my eyes have become extremely dry.  So my eye doctor actually suggested I get tested for it.  And so I did right before we left Peoria.  Yesterday I met with the rheumatologist.  And he was very nice, I was super thankful!  Right now with nursing and my symptoms are beginning to get better (i think) he thought it would be good to not go the drug route at the moment.  Just continue to keep an eye on things and gave me lots of things to do in order to treat the symptoms.  Here is link that can explain more about it if you are interested: Sjogren's.


Well, with travels I kinda dropped the ball on continueing our good ole chalkboard growth pictures :)  But thankfully my friend Hannah took a couple of great pictures of my kiddos for me. And here is a few pics and my sweet Madelynn at 5 months.

Madelynn is 5 Months!
5 months old

5 months old



Madelynn continues to be a happy little gal.  She LOVES to watch her big sis and big bro play.  It's like she is thinking I can't wait to play with you. And Molly and Micah continue to adore her, just as I do.  I can see why the youngest gets spoiled, you just want to hold onto every moment because you see how fast they grow up!

Also here are just a few fun pictures of our adventures in Pigeon Forge.  We were blessed to have help from Brittany Clark this summer and some of the other staff wives.  So even when Kenny was super busy I managed to be able to take kids to do fun things, like all three to pool! (none can swim on their own yet!)  I am so super thankful for all the help I had this summer!

Dollywood fun
Happy girl
pretty girl

Brittany Clark in pool with kiddos
she loved pool too! but forgot to get a pic :/
aquarium fun!



Madelynn's thoughts about the aquarium!
love this girl!
my three amigos!






1 comment: