Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Madelynn's 1 month (6 weeks)

Well Madelynn has had an adventurous weekend. She has been sick with a cold, thanks to big brother since last Monday. She began coughing and gagging herself on Tues. thus she would eat and then loose her meal from the mucus she was gagging on. I thought she was doing alright. As Micah had RSV at 6 months old. I was being aggressive to suction her nose and keep her upright as much as possible.
But on Sat she would not eat. And her breathing did not seem right to me. So that evening I took her to the ER. Her oxygen levels were low and they could hear "crackles" as they called it in her chest. So after seeing 3 different doctors. 2 in the ER and then a pediatric doctor from the peds floor came they decided she needed to be admitted. But boy were they all super quick! I went to the hospital at 6pm and was on the pediatric floor by 8pm.
She had her own little room with a jail like looking crib! Haha but her mattress was cool it could go up so she was on a nice incline. She was given oxygen. But throughout the night they weaned her off of it. And by Sunday morning she was off of it. And she was slowly starting to eat more. They ended up keeping her till Monday to keep and eye on her. But thankfully she kept getting better.
Today we went for a follow up visit with her pediatrician. And he thought she sounded pretty good. So just keeping up the regimen of saline drops, suctioning, and keeping her at an incline. Hoping all this congestion leaves soon!!
Having a little one in the winter months is not my favorite! Also I have definitely noticed the more kids you have the more sicknesses go around!! Here are a few pics of our adventure this weekend.
A picture of the breathing treatment they gave her:




In the ER how they gave her oxygen. Mask was a bit big!




Moved up to the pediatric floor. Got a new little dooda to give her the oxygen




Off of oxygen and enjoying the nice inclined bed.




Now she is 6 weeks old!! Enjoyed Facebook this weekend as well gave me comfort having my friends praying for little Madelynn.
You will prob see a consistent set of post of little Madelynn. I am attempting to use these posts to make her a little scrapbook for her baby book. I fun way to organize her milestones and memories :).
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment