Monday, October 22, 2012

It's been a while...quick update

Well, I have realized it's been quite some time since I have given any type of update on here.  So here a few quick updates about our lives.
Kenny-
  Things with CO Bradley are booming and going great!  They have their annual Fall Retreat coming up next Weekend.  There were over 100 BU students signed up!  Praise God for growing so much interest here at BU.
Molly-
  Still going through our preschool curriculum Little Hands to Heaven.  We are on the Letter K.  We have been talking alot about King David.  As "King" starts with K :)  She is also continuing to go to her Joy Kids preschool once a week and ballet.  We are also attempting to make it to the library every 2 weeks and meet up with some other families from our church.  This is a fun outing for us on Thursday mornings.  She is growing up into such a fun little girl.  She is very expressive (ok so at times I would probably say dramatic :)  but I love that she has so much personality. 

YouTube Video


Micah-
  He is GROWING up soooo fast!  It's fun to see him talking in full sentences and being such a big boy, but also kinda sad he isn't my baby anymore!  He has also been diaper free for this last week :)  We have had a couple of accidents but overall he is doing really well!  This is super exciting to me :)  I didn't quite plan on having him potty training by the time baby Madelynn arrived but he was eager to pee in the potty.  He is also full of personality!  But I can definitely see so much BOY in him!  It always amazes me to see how distinctively God has made a boy and a girl so differently!

YouTube Video


Me and baby Madelynn-
  I am now 33 weeks along!  I can't believe I only have 7 more weeks, yikes!  I think the biggest news has probably been at 29 weeks I got a positive test for gestational diabetes.  My doctor sent me to a specialist and they gave me a diet plan to follow, and had me prick my finger 4X's a day, and also had an ultrasound done.  Thankfully after 1 week of pricking my finger 4X's they changed it and said I only have to prick my finger on M,W,F.  So I prick my finger on those days now to just keep an eye on things.  But thankfully my blood sugar has been low. The way I naturally eat seems to be keeping things ok.  Baby Madelynn is measuring one week small (which my last two were also "small")  I am thankful things seem to be going just fine despite having a positive test.  It was actually quite stressful at first because they scare you so much.  But this year they actually changed the way they do the glucose tolerance test, so this was the first time I had done it this way.  It used to be a 50g glucose drink and then they tested your blood an hr later.  This time I had to fast 10 hrs, drink a 75g glucose drink, and have my blood drawn three different times.  And out of the 3 blood drawns I had a positive result for one and that put me in the gestational diabetes category.  The biggest risk they said is that my body won't be breaking down the sugar like it's supposed to and that could cause baby Madelynn to get to big and be hard to deliver.  But so far thankfully things seem to be going well. 
  I am to the point in my pregnancy that I am seeing my normal doctor every 2 weeks.  And then when I get to 36 weeks it will be every week.  I am also going to see the specialist for another ultrasound as a precaution Nov. 1st.  The fun part of seeing the specialist is the ultrasound machine is quite nice and I get to see baby Madelynn!  
  I pretty much have baby Madelynn's room together.  I am using the bazoople Animal patterns I had for Molly.  I washed all the girl clothes I had for 0-3 months, so she has clothes waiting for her.  Oh and incase you didn't know we official have named her Madelynn Kate. 




Other new news...hmm oh we got a "new" used fridge :)  Our neighbors whom we loved!  Moved and the new neighbors didn't want the fridge.  It was in great condition on 5 yrs old.  So we bought it as our neighbors didn't need it at their new home.  I am most excited about it having filtered water dispenser and an ice maker!  Also it's quite spacious!  




Well thats my quick little update for today :)  Miss all my family and friends!! I love reading and keeping up with you all on FB and your blogs! 





No comments:

Post a Comment