I just thought I would start off today by saying the more I think about my friendship with Kristin the more I am overwhelmed and cannot even express it enough just how THANKFUL to God I am that He blessed me with such an amazing friend.
Yesterday I left off around Feb. of 2000. Her last years were so sweet for me. We both kept pretty busy schedules during college. So we would just try and make it a point to hang out when we were in town together, and go and visit each other. When we were out of school for the summer we decided to take a fun weekend getaway trip to St. Louis, MO. You may be asking why St. Louis :) It was not terribly far, we found a good hotel rate, and there was lots of free stuff to do there :) So we went and had a wonderful time! Our friendship truly went deeper because of the bond we now shared being sisters in Christ. Here is a photo of my scrapbook from that year...I am truly sentimental I even saved the metro link stub :)
That summer Kristin served God through the TN Baptist Collegiate Summer Mission Team and I stayed home that summer. So we kept in touch through good ole' snail mail and an occasional call. She had a weekend off and so I was able to visit her I remember at a hotel in Brentwood, TN. I am so thankful for those letters that summer. They still encourage me today everytime I read them. I want to share one letter she wrote me for my birthday. [one thing I would like to add is I am not putting this out there for you to think highly of me, but I just want you to see how she loved me and how she was focused on me knowing GOD and making Him known!]
God truly used Kristin in my life in a huge way. But even today her words encourage me to fix my eyes on Christ and to fight the good fight and to finish the race and stand firm in Christ. May her life encourage you today to fight to Know Christ passionately and may that Passion for Him pour out to those around you.


very sweet tribute posts, Laura. sorry for the loss of your friend.
ReplyDelete