Monday, December 5, 2011

10 years... a story of true friendship part 6

Once school started back fall of 2000 I don't remember how much we saw each other.  But I do remember spending lots of time together over Christmas break.  That year I remember my dad working on Christmas eve.  So we packed up the presents and took them to his work and Kristin came along.  (her family celebrated Christmas on Christmas Day, so that Christmas eve we hung out).  Kristin and I always tried to spend New Years together.  This last New Years we went to Stephanie's house, a friend of mine from college.  Kristin was able to meet some of my encouraging Christian friends. And she really loved Steph and Christina :)  I am glad we got to spend this last New Years together.  Here is a pic from our last New Years
Kristin, Stephanie, Christina, and myself
2001 was her last year here as she went home Dec. 8th.  I do have sweet memories from that year, like my birthday she bought me a thinline bible my first "small" bible and she had my name engraved and we went to eat at Merchants in Nashville she treated me..and for some reason I even remember what we ate (figured that may be a bit much on the details)!  I also met my husband that year (though I don't think I thought we would be married someday haha) Kenny and so that summer the three of us went out together.  We went to eat at Fudruckers and then went to Dancin in the District.  Kristin told me she liked Kenny, so today I am thankful Kenny was able to meet her. 
That year for her birthday I wrote Kristin a poem and framed it for her with my cheesy art... But I thought I would end today's post with that poem I wrote her.

Kristin
Your friendship means so much to me
I don't know where I would be
Your faith has been an inspiration to me
And a light for all to see

You have always been the fearless one
Not even knowing what is yet to come
Because though the faith you display
You know He will show you the way

We may not always be near
Yet we have nothing to fear
For we pray-
For one another each day

Thank you for always being there
Thank you for always showing that you care
Most of all thank you for sharing your faith each day
For He used you to show me the way.

When you go through the hardship of a loss you grow and you change.  When she went home I had a million emotions and the most pain I had ever experienced.  But also I experienced God and His word became more real to me than ever before and I held on to it and God held on to me.  For the next 2 days I will share some of the things God taught me through those days, months, even years and still today that God is growing me in and showing me.  I pray this is all an encouragement to you to KNOW God the One and Only the True and Living God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment