Friday, November 5, 2010

Part 2 Cloth Diapering

Hello friend...the Flip diaper on Molly worked great.  I really had no problems.  (except that she wasn't sure if she liked the "blue"...she said she wants a pink one haha)  I started them on Micah yesterday and the first thing I tried on him was the organic insert made for the Flip diaper.  And well it was BULKY...but it did it's job.  I think this insert has potential to be a great nighttime solution...but for daytime activity seems a bit too bulky for me. 
organic insert
Then today I tried the stay dry insert on him and LOVED it!  It fit so much nicer.  And seemed to contain all the goods inside wonderfully.
stay dry insert

close up of stay dry insert
I put the diaper setting on small and it fits him great.  He is about 13lbs.  I only have one stay dry insert at the moment.  So the rest of today I have been using some of my "burp clothes" (I have a ton of these!) and so far so good.  I have gone through 2 of my cheapo burp clothes and the mess has all stayed on the cloth and none has gotten on the cover and I haven't had any leaks.  I have been just changing him when he feeds (just like I do with disposables) and it's been great today.  I am liking this Flip cover more and more :)  I was interested in trying out the gdiaper, because it looks so trim and cute, but it doesn't come in one size.  So I feel like these Flip covers are more bang for the buck.
Well that's my update for today on my cloth diapering experimentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment