Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hello Friends

   Hello friends!  Sorry it has been a while.  Now that Micah is 3 months I am hoping to get my life on more of a consistent routine.  But who am I kidding :)  we have the most inconsistent schedule being in college ministry :)  So I will just try to update short snippets weekly!  This last weekend we had a fall retreat in Indianapolis.  This was my first retreat with both kiddos.  It went really well...they were both great.  Molly had fun playing with two other girls whose parents are on staff.  And it was quite an adventure for her to stay in a big "house" :)  Overall they both did great...and it didn't seem to throw them off too much.  At least since they were an hour ahead it seems like Micah has moved back his bedtime from 11pm to 10pm tonight...so that I am excited about as well.
   Something I have been researching ALOT lately is cloth diapering.  I have a friend here who has ventured into that world and so I have been learning from her and by the millions of websites/blogs/ect..online.  This week I am going to be trying out the Flip system.  I think I may try it out on Molly first and see how that goes.  The flip system is basically a cover (that is one size fits all - newborn to toddler) and then they have their own inserts that are made to fit into their cover.  The idea then is for the inserts to be soiled and washed and then you can just keep reusing the cover unless they get soiled as well then you just wash it all.  I have also read of people putting prefolds (thats the "old timy diapers") into these covers and that working as well.  I should be getting them on Tuesday...so I'll tell you how it goes later this week. If you are interested in this cloth diapering system check out their website at http://www.flipdiapers.com/
will cloth diapering be in his future? only time will tell...haha
  I miss all my friends!  I hope if you are reading this that you are doing great!  Leave a note and say hey if you get the chance!  Sometimes I wonder why I am writing on here....not sure if anyone ever checks this thing.  I love facebook because I can keep in touch with my friends on there and see fun pictures.  But I like reading everyones blogs because I feel like you all write more on here and I can feel apart of what is going on in your life even if I am living 10 or so hours away from you :)  Hope you had a fun Halloween. 

5 comments:

  1. Reading your blog and loving it :) I KNOW I am not the only one! Excited for you to try out the Flips. My neighbor friend DOES use the flip system and she loves it. She says it does leak a bit unless you change them more frequently and have to be careful about how you put them on, but thats the same with disposables i guess.can't wait to hear how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had considered doing cloth too, but once I saw all the poo, I chickened out. I'd rather throw it away. I'm interested to see how your experience goes. I haven't completely ruled it out. I love the picture of Molly and Micah in the bed...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Cloth diapers- I love it :) Keep us posted on how it goes :) and sad news- I cant come to Rachel's wedding :(.... Yes, I am crying over here! I miss you so much and I hope to get to see you sometime this year!! Or I need to plan a get-away to Peoria next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I take it that you are going to rachel's wedding by reading Ams comment. We are going so I will get to see you!!!!

    Let me know how the diapers go bc we are thinking about it. I don't think we would do it for a newborn, but after that we are wondering!!

    Thanks for writing! I always want to know about your life! THink about you often! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I LOVE your blog! Yours was the first one I read this morning. My favorite blogs are the blogs of my friends! Please keep writing & sharing pictures!

    Second, I have thought about doing cloth diapers too now that Noelle isn't going as frequently. Especially after reading this post about cloth diapers: http://www.younghouselove.com/2010/08/the-much-requested-cloth-diaper-post/

    ReplyDelete