It has been 3 weeks since Micah was born so I figured I would try an attempt to post something :) I thought I would tell ya how the day Micah was born went. I was scheduled to be induced at 12noon. And the reason I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks was because my amniotic fluid was low. The hospital told me to call before coming in to be induced just in case they had a lot of deliveries that day. So I called and well what do you know they were full! So I was told to come in at 3pm instead. We dropped off Molly at the Jacksons and headed to the hospital. We were there by 3pm...but there was still more waiting. The hospital is a learning place so it seemed everyone had a shadow. Our nurse had a helper that was in nursing school. Then there was a resident that was checking everything. Finally they started the medicine Pitosin to begin my labor at 6pm. So from 6pm till 9pm I was having contractions every 3 minutes but they didn't hurt that bad. They were waiting to see if my water would break by itself. But it did not...so at 9pm my doctor came in to break my water. And this is when the action began. My doctor actually left the hospital and went home after breaking my water. He didn't think I would be ready to deliver till midnight. Well at 10pm I told the nurse I was ready to push...she didn't believe me, but checked and yes I was! So they called the doctor. Then this is where the real pain came...I wanted to push but couldn't till the doctor got there...so I had Kenny helping me breath through all those contractions! But once the doctor came and I could push the pain wasn't as bad. Pushing took about 20 min and then he came out sunny side up (which means he was looking up rather than down...which apparently makes it more painful since the bigger side of his head comes out first and he definitely bruised my tailbone!)
Ok well that's it. I was trying to leave out any gross detail...so if you want to know anything else just call me :) Things have been a lot smoother now that its our second time around. It's nice having a little bit of experience under our belts. Micah has been doing great at nights. So I usually get about 6 to 8 hours of rest...but of course in 3 hour increments :) Nursing has been going well...we had a little spell of a day where he had a hard time eating. But now things are smoothing out and he seems to be getting the hang of it. The reality of having a toddler and a newborn haven't really hit yet. Since we have been so blessed with people bringing us dinner and family visiting. So I have had a lot of help with Molly so I have been able to get plenty of rest and spend time nursing Micah knowing Molly is taken care of. I think once all the help leaves then I will experience the reality...but I am enjoying this season of adjustment :) And enjoying my two gifts from God!
Our First Family Photo
oh wow!! What a quick delivery, that is awesome and you are glowing!! So glad everything is going well. :)
ReplyDeleteYippy :) I've been watching for a post about Micah so even though I knew this already it was fun to read again! Love you lots!
ReplyDelete