Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Micah's Room Complete

We've been traveling for the last 5 weeks and we are now finally home!!  Yeah!  The doctor wanted us back by 36 weeks...so it has worked out just great.  When we got back from the Summer Mountain Project we had an ultrasound of Micah.  Everything looked great and it looks like my body is moving forward gearing up for labor. So now we just get the house back in order from all our travels and we finally finished putting things up on Micah's walls.  So I figured I would give you a little picture tour of his room.

Here is his door:

Then when you walk in the wall to your left is his changing station.  Our good friends Will & Alicia found us this great wall decor.  A fun shadow box and some sporty wall hangers!  We love it!  The colors matched everything wonderfully!



Then over his crib we hung up his quilt that matched all his bedding and curtains.  It was made with a slit in it so you could use it as wall decor.  So we hung it up and I like it.  Also Kenny and I got some letters and a shelf from hobby lobby and painted it and I think it turned out cute!


In this room there is no light installed.  So Micah gets a lamp for now.  But it is one we got when we got married and I like it a lot.  So here is a picture of it.
on the shelf is his diaper bag that my mom made for him (which is ready now and packed for the hospital) and a little book she made him


There is a recliner that we used to have in Molly's room that is now moved to Micah's.  And the fun blanket on it is one his Aunt Julia made him.  And the sweet bear is a tummy time mat his Aunt Melanie gave him.  And if you see a fun jacket hanging it's one my sweet friend Melissa gave him..I love it!
 Well there is your tour for today of Micah's room.  It is a small room but I think the perfect size for a nursery!  And one day it will fit a twin bed just nicely :) 

4 comments:

  1. Aw I LOVE IT! So happy you posted this! Makes me so excited for him to get here. You know I'm loving that lamp! We got ours lightin' up our living room right now :) I really like the little sports pegs over the changing table. And if I do say so...I think the jacket adds a wonderful touch of wall decor :) Ha! I am so glad you like it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Post a stinkin' picture of you will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I love it! ~~ How bright & cheery it is, and how you have all those special touches to his room. I am so excited for him to get here!

    I've been praying for you & thinking of you a ton, lately, mostly when I've been nursing & knowing you are about to be doing this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the sports theme it is really cute!! I love the character your home has too it makes it seem very homey (I don't know if that's how you spell it?) I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete