Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Cleaning Schedule

So, I decided that I needed to be more organized.  And in one way was having a set schedule for cleaning!  Oh yea...I am a true housewife now:)  Anyhow so I spent some time today writing up a schedule that I hope will help me.  I got most of my inspiration from reading an article from Women's Day magazine, they had a great schedule on there I just tweaked it a bit to fit out lifestyle.  Here it is:

Cleaning Schedule:
Everyday:
  1. Make the bed
  2. Pick up all clothes - dirty in hamper and clean away
  3. Quick room by room pickup - place items back in place
  4. Wipe all kitchen counters
  5. Put away all dirty dishes
  6. Sweep kitchen floor
Weekly:
  • Bedrooms - dust and vacuum
  • Living room - dust and vacuum
  • Kitchen/Dining room - dust and vacuum and clean out toaster oven and microwave
  • Bathrooms - wipe all down with cleaners
Monthly:
  • Clean out refrigerator - wipe down shelves and bins
  • Mop all floors
  • Wash inside garbage cans
  • Vacuum under couch cushions
Once a Year:
  • Jan.: clean out medicine cabinet and get rid of expired meds
  • Feb.: clean all hard to reach places (behind stove, frig, sofa, under bed)
  • March: clean out drawers and closet (get ready for garage sale or donate)
  • April: organize kitchen cabinet
  • May: defrost and clean freezer, frig, stove and oven
  • June: SMP
  • July: support raising
  • Aug.: get settled back home
  • Sept.:wash windows and screens
  • Oct.: clean out linen closet
  • Nov:clean and organize garage
  • Dec.:holiday travels and NYC
So...that is my new cleaning schedule.  I am going to stick with it for a while and see how it goes.  I am planning on having it printed off on my refrigerator.  So, that as each task is completed I can check and date.  That way I can have a clean home and not stress about it, but have it spread out throughout the weeks and months.  

Happy Cleaning :)



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful schedule! I've been planning on doing a schedule now that we're settled in our home but I wasn't sure where to start. Thanks for your help and I hope it works out well for you!

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that article also, that's a good idea to keep it on the fridge. Happy Cleaning to you too!

    ReplyDelete