I am reading a lot these days. I enjoy reading and learning and hope to always be reading. I came across this site and thought it was kinda fun. Check it out. How fast do you read?
How Fast Can You Read?
We have started up our fourth year of homeschooling. IS IT REALLY GOING TO BE OUR 4TH YEAR!!! Where has the time gone! We have been going at the Hayes' house for the last 4 weeks. This week starts our Classical Conversations (CC) coop that we are a part of and so we are excited to start that back up.
Micah is officially Kindergarten this year, Molly is 3rd grade and Madelynn is preschool. This is our plan for this year:
For our language arts we are continuing to use Spell to Write and Read (SWR) So far I have been very pleased with this curriculum. It teaches spelling, writing and reading all together intertwined and it is amazing! I am learning so much about the English language!
For math we are also continuing to use Saxon. Micah is in Saxon 1 and Molly Saxon 3.
For reading I am using the plans written by Heart of Dakota. So Micah is using the Little Hearts for His Glory guide and Molly uses Bigger Hearts for His Glory and Madelynn uses Little Hands to Heaven. I do not follow the guides language arts or math since I love SWR and Saxon. But I love the books she chooses to have the kiddos read and the bible, poetry, and history plans.
We also do the CC memory work that begins this week!
Lastly we are using Risas y Sonrisas for Spanish.
So far I am enjoying this year so much we are one month in :) It is fun to see Molly grow so much these last few years and now Micah is also taking off in wanting to learn. I am super thankful to be able to homeschool right now. I love learning and I love teaching my kiddos to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment