OK I am gonna give some pics and catch you up a bit on our lives :)
July 20th 2014 Micah turned FOUR!! Where has the time gone!?!?! He had a fun birthday party out our home with lots of water balloons :) Here are a few pics:
He chose a place to go out to eat for his birthday. And he wanted to be just like his big sister so we got mexican :) And here he is with the sombrero and smile:)
Madelynn continues to grow and grow! She is talking up new words every day. Here is a picture of her sleeping with her "babies". She LOVES baby dolls. And plays with dolls everyday. Molly is so sweet as a big sister to share all her baby doll items with her. She acts so much older than 20 months, but I suppose having older siblings requires her to grow up quicker!
Daddy had his birthday Aug. 11th. We had a fun dinner with friends and here he is with his bday cake :)
One thing that Molly loves to do is dress up Madelynn and fix her hair. So here is a pic of Madelynn all dolled up.
I can see why the youngest child would get SpOiLeD! Its just so easy to wanna give this smile what ever she wants ha!
Molly is starting her 1st grade homeschool year. She loves school! And I am so thankful. This year we are continuing with Classical Conversations (CC). Which actually starts back this Monday Sept. 8th for us. And then we are continuing to use Saxon math, which Molly LOVES. We also started a new language program called Spell to Write and Read and so far we are enjoying it. I love teaching it as it streamlines handwriting, reading, and spelling all together. We are also reading through some chapter books Thornton Burgess Animal Stories. We just finished Reddy Fox and are starting Peter Cottontail. She loves these and I have really been enjoying reading them too! Micah does school with us too. He is also starting in CC this year, Saxon K math and the Spell to Write and Read. He is at his pace but loves to participate. He actually gets disappointed if he is done before Molly and asks for more to do. So I have some fun worksheets for him to work on that he enjoys. We are also still using the Heart of Dakota guide for more history reading, bible readings and devotionals, and that is where I got my book reading guide for Thorton Burgess books.
So that is a quick summary on our homeschool for now. Molly will also be taking piano lessons once a week.
Another new addition to our schedule for this year is we are trying out Peoria Elite Gymnastics homeschool class they are offering. It is at 1pm, so fits in great as our PE for the day. And BOTH Micah and Molly are able to be in the same class. So I really love that they can enjoy this activity together.
And a couple of just fun photos. Here Madelynn is watching the rain fall.
And here Madelynn wanted to sleep in the "big" kids room so Micah was helping her make a bed on the floor :)
No comments:
Post a Comment