Sunday's:
-We go to Sunday school and church.
-Sunday school starts at 9:45 and service is at 11.
Kenny works in the college sunday school class. And the kids and I are going to a multigenerational sunday school class where we are learning the shorter catechism.
-Then we meet up and sit as a family and worship together in the service.
-The rest of the day is pretty flexible/relaxing.
-Micah takes a nap from 2 to 5. Molly is no longer taking naps unless its a rare occasion. So she usually gets to play with her polly pockets and other items that aren't quite safe for Micah or that he can destroy during that time.
-Kids go to bed at 8pm.
Monday's:
-Kiddos wake up around 8am
-Eat breakfast 8:30-9:30
-Then we have school time from 10 to 11am. I am going thru the Little Hands to Heaven by Hearts of Dakota. It is written for ages 2 to 5. I started it with just Molly but Micah is growing up so fast and so very interested to be a part that now he joins in the lesson as well.
-From 11:30 to 3:30 Kenny has the kiddos for Dad and kid time and I leave the house for my weekly Sabbath rest.
-When I get back Micah is napping. So I get dinner going and we eat dinner at 5:45
-Then Molly and Micah help me make a dessert for Kenny's bible study that begins at 7pm. We say hi to all the guys then the kiddos head upstairs to get ready for bed.
- Bedtime is 8pm for kiddos
Tuesday's:
-8am up
-8:30-9:30 Breakfast
-10-11 School time
-11:30 Lunch
-1:00 load up to take Molly to her Dance Class! It is from 1:30 till 2:15. It's about a 15 to 20 min drive there so I like to give ourselves plenty of time so I don't feel rushed. Here are a few pics of her first time going to class. I think she is really going to enjoy this. She loved it!







-Then we get back and Micah naps till 5pm. And Kenny gets home around 5 and we have a family dinner and family time till kiddos go to bed at 8pm.
Wednesday's:
-Kids wake around 7:45am. I have to wake them a little early because Molly has her Joy Kids class from 9 till 11:30am so we leave our house at 8:40.
- While Molly is in her Joy Kids class I get extra one on one time with my little buddy Micah. We also try to go grocery shopping during this time.
- We then pick up Molly at 11:30 and then head home and unload groceries and eat lunch. By the time all this is done its usually about 1:30. So Molly and Micah play together for 30 minutes and then Micah goes and takes his nap. I have also been taking a nap sometimes and Molly has time to play with her polly pockets and other fun toys or Molly and I work on something educational that I can't do with Micah around.
-Then from 5 to 8 we have family time. Sometimes we have small group on these nights. We haven't started that back yet it begins next week.
Thursday's:
-8am wake
-8:30-9:30 Breakfast
-10-11 School Time
-12 lunch
-Just different every Thurs from after lunch till Micah's nap at 2. Like watch a video, play outside, playdough, ect..
-Micah naps and Molly and I work on school stuff that is too advanced for Micah and too difficult to do in front of him.
-5-8pm Dinner, Family time, kiddos to bed
Friday:
-8am wake
-8:30-9:30 Breakfast
-And then this is a flexible day here are some of the things we do:
*If I need another day to finish this weeks lessons then we will do some school.
* go to the library for storytime
*Also we do cleaning on this day, vacuum, mop, dust, ect..
*Laundry
-12 Lunch
-Micah naps from 2 to 5, once again a flexible time for me to continue to clean, or do school with Molly, and laundry.
-Also our family time is flexible this day as well. Kenny plans ahead and I know the week before if we will have a morning/afternoon family time (which happens often) so he can be with students in the evening. Or we keep our evening family time.
Saturday's:
-8am wake
-8:30-9:30 Breakfast
-Like Friday this time is also flexible so it looks much like Friday. Housework, catch up on any school we are behind on, laundry, ect..
-Also Kenny and I plan ahead a babysitter and have a date some time this day.
-Kiddos to bed at 8pm
So that's basically a condensed version of our week.
More about our school time:
I am going thru the Little Hands to Heaven (LHTH) program and so my goal is to go through one Unit a week. There are 33 Units. The Unit is written out in 5 days. But it is fairly simple for Molly and she always wants more. So, I have combined days and I put the 5 days into 3. Which is also a better goal for me right now. And this has been easy for us to accomplish. I have really been enjoying LHTH. We always start off with the bible lesson and both kiddos enjoy this. And then go through all the other lessons. It's been a breeze to do since it's written so well and the plan is not overwhelming at all. And I lay out the school the night before in the workboxes. (I wrote a post about our workboxes a while back if you want more info on that) Molly has 6 boxes and Micah has 3 boxes. The workbox system is a great way that I LOVE for organizing our school. The kids love the excitement to see what's in their boxes too.
Micah gets a smaller portion to do and alot more puzzles, coloring, playdough, and other educational fine motor development type things. I also supplement Molly with worksheets from the workbook Brain Quest for Kindergarten. And worksheets and activities I print from online. And we work on handwriting on a writing tablet, mainly because she is very motivated to learn to write, so that was because of her initiation. And we read and read and read lots of books. And play board games :) That's a little bit more about our school time.
![]() |
| "School Time" |

Laura, Thank you so much for all the information on your daily lives. I feel more connected knowing what you all are doing on a daily basis. Being a long distance grandma is hard enough so all the information and pictures we receive are greatly welcomed. You're a wonderful mother and like your own mom you two are beautiful women.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing,
Ginny