Wednesday, November 30, 2011

10 Years...a story of true friendship

Today is Dec. 1, 2011  and on Dec. 8, 2011 it will have been Ten Years since my best friend Kristin went home to be with our Lord.  When Kenny and I were married he suggested with celebrate Dec. 8th as Kristin's Memorial Day.  On this day we reflect on her life and we want to share the ways she glorified God here on earth and we desire this to be a day we worship God for His goodness in allowing me to have her as my best friend for 12 yrs of my life.  And I want my children to learn from our hero's of our faith and she is one of mine.  For the next 8 days come and sit back and worship God with us and celebrate with us this gift of friendship.

Our story... in 1989 my family moved out to Pleasant View, TN.  And I began a new chapter of life in a new house and a new school.  This was my first move and I was a shy little girl.  I met my neighbor and she was a very outgoing fun girl, her name was Emmy. And she was going into the same grade as me.  So I was happy to think I would know someone when school started.  But when school started Emmy was in the other 4th grade class.  So I was bummed not to have that safety net of someone I knew.  When we had our first recess I excitedly ran to meet up with Emmy and she introduced me to Kristin.  Kristin had also moved to our little town and was also a new student!  So our bond began as we were both in a new world of people and so that was nice to have a friend to go through it together.  I also met her twin brother Aaron who just so happened to actually be in my class.  Guess they wanted to keep the twins separated :)  I can honestly see how God was stitching this friendship together and so strategically and purposefully.  That year I also learned that my parents had already met Kristin's parents and Kristin 9 years earlier when she was born.  She was born early and so she had to go to the NICU, and it just so happened that the NICU she was in was where my dad was the doctor.  So at a parent teacher conference I remember when Kristin's parents put the pieces together as they thought my dad looked so familiar.  Was that chance, I think not, this was another tool God was using to grow our bond of friendship.  We have a BIG God and He loves His children and He is purposefully building His Kingdom and it warms my heart toward Him to stop and remember and see how He began to draw me to know Him.
And I will share more tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment