Hello Family and Friends,
I am really excited about starting this blog to share with you what is "Happenin'" with the Hayes'. I hope to share all about our lives like the things God is teaching us, what is happenin' with Campus Outreach on Bradley University, and all the fun stuff Molly is doing these days. Please always feel free to comment and share anything.
Today Kenny watched Molly this afternoon so that I could go and get some good time with God. I have been working on an inductive study on 2 Samuel. Today I finished up the last few chapters and there was a lot of meat in there. I am going to spend the rest of this week meditating on those last chapters. Chapter 22 David is praising God for delivering him from all his enemies. It was really good to just write out David's actions and then God's responses. I liked how you could see David's heart that truly was crying out to God. (David: vs.4 - call to the Lord; vs.7 in my distress I called to the Lord...I called out to my God...) (God: vs.7 from His temple He heard my voice; my cry came to His ears.;vs. 17 He reached down from on high and took hold of me...) I spent a lot of time today reading through vs. 1-18 and just thought about David calling out to God, and how God moved. Also as you read through these last chapter in 2 Samuel there are clear times where man's prayer moved God. It was encouraging for me today, and how I desire to grow in truly calling out to God daily because of my sin I also like David in distress everyday and need God to move in my heart.
Things are about to really get moving here at Bradley University. The students arrive later this week. So Kenny is gearing up all the staff to ask God to move here at BU. You can be in prayer that God would give all the staff here: Kenny, Jon Mahan, Jacob Sluder, and Rachel Hooks favor in meeting new students, strength in meeting lots of people, and peace as they trust in God to change lives here at BU.
Molly is just a growing and a growing. She is learning new things everyday. I am really enjoying this age, she is now 16 months! She can say a few words...my favorite has to be please...which sounds like "peas.."
That is all for today! I hope to continue to update this weekly and keep you all "up" on whats "Happenin' with the Hayes'"!
"For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect." -2 Samuel 22:32-33
I love your blog Laura! Molly is so precious
ReplyDeleteHi Laura! It was so good to read about everything that is going on in Illinois. I babysat a little girl today that reminded me of Molly. Her name is Zoe and she looks just like Molly and made me miss her a lot! I can't wait to see your house in person. I've had tons of encouragement this week in support raising. I've got a long way to go but God has already been answering prayers. Hope to be in Illinois soon!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Roxann